Thursday, October 04, 2012

Carnival of Genealogy, 122nd Edition

Welcome to the October 4, 2012 edition of the Carnival of Genealogy. The topic for today's edition is: School Humor! I must admit I thought this would be a more popular topic than it was. But then, I'm often surprised which topics get a lot of submissions and which ones just a few. Gee, I hope people weren't put off by the need to register on the new BlogCarnival.com web site in order to submit an article. It isn't hard. Really!

We only have a few submissions today but they are good ones, guaranteed to make you smile if not laugh out loud. So pour yourself a cold glass of milk and put a couple cookies on a plate (that was your usual after school snack, right?) and come enjoy the humor of our school days!

Charles Hansen presents Missing Locker for the 122nd Carnival of Genealogy posted at Mikkel's Hus, saying, "You would think a locker built into a wall would not come up missing, but my locker did."

Dorene Paul presents When Mom Forgot It Was "Picture Day" posted at Graveyard Rabbit of Sandusky Bay, saying, "Dorene recalls a time long ago when her mother forgot it was school picture day."

Donna Pointkouski presents I Was a Teenage Car Thief posted at What's Past is Prologue, saying, "My high school partner-in-crime and I weren't very good thieves, but we were excellent pranksters!"

Frances Ellsworth presents CreativeGene Carnival, 122nd Edition "School Humor" posted at Joyous Tomorrows, saying, "I am posting a story set in the time I was a school nurse and my daughter was a sophmore in High School."

Jasia presents It's Humorous Now, But It Sure Wasn't Back Then! posted at : : C R E A T I V E G E N E : : , saying "Some memories will be with you for as long as you live. These two funny ones fall into that category for me. Come share a laugh!

Cynthia Shenette presents Confessions of a Lunch Box Trader... posted at Heritage Zen:, saying, "What was in your lunch box? I really want to know..."

That concludes this edition of the COG. I hope our humor put a bright spot in your day! Maybe it reminded you of some humorous incidents from your own childhood. Please feel free to share in the comments below if you like.

Call for Submissions! The topic for the next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy will be: A Birthday Party! Yep, we're having a birthday party here at the COG and you're all invited! Whose birthday is it? Mine. :-) November is the month of my birthday and in honor of me I'd like to invite you to share a birthday story. (Yes, I know this is only October but the COG deadline and publish date for the next edition will be in November. ;-) Your story can be about a birthday party you hosted or was held for you. It can be a tribute to someone on your family tree who has a November birthday. Or, it can be a fantasy about your dream birthday! Please write up your birthday stories and submit them by the deadline of November 1st.

[[New Info! Please Read!]]
Submit your blog article to the next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy using the COG submission form. Please note, the blogcarnival.com website has a new look and new management and they have made some changes to the way they do things. You will need to login to the blogcarnival.com web site to submit your articles. If you don't have an account with them you will need to set one up. (I know this seems like an annoyance but it's a good thing because it will cut down on the tremendous amount of spam submissions received.) Please use a descriptive phrase in the title of any articles you submit and/or write a brief description/introduction to your articles in the "comment" box of the blog carnival submission form. This will give readers an idea of what you've written about and hopefully interest them in clicking on your link.


Share |

Technorati tags: , .